New Tecumseth & District Skating Club is a member of Skate Canada and expects all skaters to adhere to the rules of both Skate Canada and the rules and regulations set out by the club. More information on Skate Canada can be found at the following sites:
General Terms & Conditions
All amounts and transactions are in Canadian dollars. Full payment with registration only. Payment can be make with a Credit Card (VISA, Mastercard & AMEX) or EFT (direct payment through your bank).
No refunds will be issued after skating lessons have started. Only refund requests submitted to a member of the Board in writing, along with a doctor's note explaining why the skater can not continue in the program will be considered. All refunds will be calculated as follows:
- Amount paid less the $40 Skate Canada Fee and $20 Administration Fee
- Less ice time up to the date the request for refund is received
New Tecumseth & District Skating Club does not release names, numbers and/or other information about our members to other organizations. All personal information collected will be strictly confidential and for the use of Skate Canada and our Club.
New Tecumseth & District Skating Club is permitted to use photos of the skaters in any media (i.e. website, news releases, Facebook and/or other social media sites/apps) or promotional item and will not disclose the skaters full name.
New Tecumseth & District Skating Club shall not in any way be responsible for loss of property, damage, or injuries to persons, including participants while on the premises. Membership will be closed for any session which becomes filled. The Club reserves the right to change categories or ice times at any times during the skating year, cancel programs where minimum registration levels are not met, and pre-empt ice times for test days and competitions.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
In consideration of your use of the New Tecumseth & District Skating Club services, you hereby agree that the services are provided to you under the following Terms and Conditions, which may be updated by the club from time to time without notice to you.
- We do not export any goods or services.
- All programs will take place at the location indicated on the program registration web page.
Skate Canada Helmet Use Policy
All Skate Canada member clubs and skating schools who offer a CanSkate program must ensure all CanSkate and Adult CanSkate participants up to and including Stage 5 must wear a CSA approved hockey helmet while on the ice. This policy also applies to all other Skate Canada programs, therefore anyone who lacks good control/balance when skating forward, backward and has difficulty stopping, as well as maneuvering around obstacles on the ice must wear a CSA approved hockey helmet.
General Skating Program Policies
- A parent or legal guardian is required to remain at the arena while their child is skating in case of injury or illness.
- All Parent & Tot, Pre-CanSkate, CanSkate and Adult CanSkate participants must wear a CSA APPROVED HOCKEY HELMET while on the ice. Bicycle/ski/snowboarding helmets are not permitted.
- The club has a policy of zero tolerance on bullying. A skater doing so will be cautioned once in the presence of their parent/ guardian. A second occurrence will constitute grounds for expulsion.
- Kicking, rough play and lying down unnecessarily are NOT allowed on the ice.
- There will be NO make-up days due to sickness, vacations, inclement weather or conflicting events i.e. club competition or test days. Notice will be posted in advance of these events.
- No food, drink or gum is permitted on the ice.
- Lessons will start on time. Please be prompt.
- Parent & Tot, Pre-CanSkate and Canskater skaters are NOT allowed to leave the ice without permission of the coach. The skater’s parent/ guardian will come to the side door and take the skater from ice.
- Parents/ Guardians and spectators are requested to watch sessions from the stands, not the players bench or at the entry gates; so as not to interfere with lessons or block access to the ice.
- During lesson times parents/guardians are not allowed on the ice due to insurance regulations.
- Be alert for other skaters at all times. If you fall, do not sit or lie on the ice (unless injured). Get up quickly to avoid being hit by other skaters.
- Kicking or Digging! Defacing the Ice with skate blade is prohibited.