SKATING LESSONS CANCELLED WHILE THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT MOVES ONTARIO TO STEP TWO
posted Jan 4, 2022, 7:05 AM
Lesson Cancellations Confirmed for Tuesdays January 4, 11, 18, & 25 AND Saturdays January 8, 15, 22
By now I am sure everyone is aware that the Provincial Government is moving us back to Step Two until at least the middle of January.
The Town of New Tecumseth has issued a statement that the recreation centres will be closed to the public effective Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. for at least 21 days (until January 26, 2022), subject to trends in public health and health system indicators.
This means that ALL skating lesson will be cancelled for the duration of this new directive, we are aware that NTDSC has lessons scheduled for Tuesday and that the restrictions don't take effect until Wednesday at midnight, however in an abundance of caution we will be cancelling lessons Tuesday, January 4th, as the board feels it would be irresponsible to hold skating lessons at this time.
We would like to assure parents / guardians that refunds for lessons missed due to this cancellation will be refunded (at this time refunds will not include the Skate Canada Fee or the Admin Fee). In the event that the entire 10-week Winter Session is cancelled NTDSC will issue the appropriate refunds.
We appreciate your patience in allowing us time to make further decisions on the return to skating lessons and to arrange for funds to be refunded.
RETURN TO STEP TWO UPDATE FROM THE TOWN OF NEW TECUMSETH:
posted Jan 4, 2022, 6:58 AM
Return to Step Two Update from the Town of New Tecumseth:
In response to the highly contagious Omicron, the Province announced that we are temporarily moving into Step Two of its Roadmap to Reopen with modifications effective Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. for at least 21 days (until January 26, 2022), subject to trends in public health and health system indicators.
As such, effective Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 12:01 a.m., the following will be implemented by the Town of New Tecumseth:
- The Museum on the Boyne will be closed.
- All New Tecumseth public library branches will be limited to 50 per cent capacity.
- All Town of New Tecumseth recreation centres will be closed to the public.
- The fitness centres at both the New Tecumseth Recreation Centre and the Tottenham Community & Fitness Centre will be closed.
- Any permits issued for indoor events/meeting space will be cancelled.
- All registered programming and drop in activities will be cancelled.
- Weather permitting, we will continue to offer public skating at the outdoor rink in Tottenham, with reduced capacity on a first come, first serve basis.
- All outdoor playgrounds, fields, trails etc. will remain open for safe use.
- The Town Administration Centre and Joint Operations Centre will be closed for public walk-ins, however, only necessary appointments with staff may be arranged in advance.
The Town of New Tecumseth will continue to support the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and the vaccination clinics being held at the Alliston Memorial Arena. Further information on the vaccination clinics can be found on the SMDHU’s website.